Hoi An – Five Reasons You Have to See It:
- The hundreds of tailor shops – they make high quality clothes quickly, and are usually family run businesses, ensuring that no unfair trade is involved.
- The food – it really is the food capital of Vietnam, and street food is easy to find and cheap to buy. Try the ‘white rose’ shrimp dumplings, and Cao Lao.
- The beautiful scenery – rice paddies, vegetable patches, ancient Vietnamese style buildings… There really are so many amazing things to see here.
- The sense of serenity. The roads aren’t too busy, and bright lights and skyscrapers are practically non-existent here. This makes it the perfect place for cycling round, or trying out your first Xe om (motorbike taxi).
- The friendly locals. Everyone is so helpful, and it is rare to be pestered to buy things.